Prepare for the situations you'll face.
We offer Oregon Health Authority approved interpreter training. We also offer additional workshops.
Be Confident in what you Interpret
Healthcare Interpreter Training
Interpreters accepted must have a minimum of 3 years professional interpreting experience in addition to RID certification to participate in the healthcare interpreting class series.
60 hour healthcare interpreting class offered in English*. The class will be taught in ASL if there are participants in the class who use ASL as primary means of communication.
*Training will take place in an accessible facility. ASL interpreters available upon request.
The OHA approved Healthcare Interpreter Training Includes:
6.0 Professional Studies CEUs will be offered through the Oregon RID. We are an approved RID CMP and ACET sponsor.
Custom Trainings for ASL Interpreters
We offer a variety of session topics and opportunities
- Introduction to Healthcare Discourse
- Vicarious Trauma for Interpreters
- Mental Health Systems for Healthcare Interpreters
- Psychiatric Emergencies and Interpreters
- Reflective Practice techniques for Advanced Healthcare Interpreters
- Accounting Practices for Interpreters
- The 10 Most Important Practices for Freelance Interpreters
- Consecutive Interpreting Workshops
- Beginning Sign Language Language (Taught in ASL by Deaf presenter)
- Intro to Deafness & Sensitivity with Workplace Communication
- Working with an Interpreter
Contact us for upcoming workshops.
Create your account with
National Interpreting Service.
We respond to RFPs and bid requests. Contact us to discuss your business needs.